Brainomix is an award-winning, University of Oxford medical imaging start-up, developing cutting edge technology to improve the treatment of stroke patients. We are building world-class software products to be sold internationally and fully understand the need to support this ambition with a peerless working environment.
Download the job applicant privacy notice.
Deep Learning Researcher
We are looking for a first-class medical imaging researcher to join our technology team, developing cutting-edge image processing and deep learning algorithms to improve acute stroke diagnosis. You will take a leading role in researching the fundamental science and algorithms that contribute to the company’s core IP. This is an exciting opportunity to bring the latest medical imaging research into real-world use.
This role is a full-time, permanent position, based in Oxford, starting in August 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter. Applicants should have permission to work in the UK.
You must have an excellent understanding of state of the art medical imaging technology, with a PhD in a relevant research area, or otherwise demonstrate outstanding research ability. Recent work with contrast and non-contrast CT, or MRI image analysis would be particularly desirable, especially in brain imaging or stroke-related fields. Other skills we are looking for include:
- A good core knowledge of computer vision and image processing algorithms, particularly filtering, image registration and classification techniques
- Experience with developing deep learning algorithms for image analysis
- Active participation in the medical imaging research community
- Programming expertise in Python
- An ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and systems, both to technical colleagues (e.g. software developers) and non-technical audiences, both verbally and through graphical or textual content
- An ability to generate creative ideas and solutions to real-world problems, based on a deep understanding of the problem domain
- Data science skills, including data preparation, cleaning, and scripting
You will be given a significant share of responsibility for the underlying technology behind Brainomix products, and you should be able to work independently on complex problems. However, team members are expected to work together to find elegant solutions to issues from all areas of the company, so clear communication is vital.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your salary expectations and current notice period to Laura Kerley at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Monday 25th June 2018.