Brainomix is an award-winning, University of Oxford medical imaging start-up, developing cutting edge technology to improve the treatment of stroke patients. We are building world-class software products to be sold internationally and fully understand the need to support this ambition with a peerless working environment.
Download the job applicant privacy notice.
Deep Learning Researcher
We are looking for a first-class medical imaging researcher to join our technology team, developing cutting-edge image processing and deep learning algorithms to improve acute stroke diagnosis. You will take a leading role in researching the fundamental science and algorithms that contribute to the company’s core IP. This is an exciting opportunity to bring the latest medical imaging research into real-world use.
This role is a full-time, permanent position, based in Oxford, starting in August 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter. Applicants should have permission to work in the UK.
You must have an excellent understanding of state of the art medical imaging technology, with a PhD in a relevant research area, or otherwise demonstrate outstanding research ability. Recent work with contrast and non-contrast CT, or MRI image analysis would be particularly desirable, especially in brain imaging or stroke-related fields. Other skills we are looking for include:
- A good core knowledge of computer vision and image processing algorithms, particularly filtering, image registration and classification techniques
- Experience with developing deep learning algorithms for image analysis
- Active participation in the medical imaging research community
- Programming expertise in Python
- An ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and systems, both to technical colleagues (e.g. software developers) and non-technical audiences, both verbally and through graphical or textual content
- An ability to generate creative ideas and solutions to real-world problems, based on a deep understanding of the problem domain
- Data science skills, including data preparation, cleaning, and scripting
You will be given a significant share of responsibility for the underlying technology behind Brainomix products, and you should be able to work independently on complex problems. However, team members are expected to work together to find elegant solutions to issues from all areas of the company, so clear communication is vital.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your salary expectations and current notice period to Laura Kerley at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is Monday 25th June 2018.
Office Manager & Personal Assistant
Salary: £26,000 to £31,000 per annum
To start ASAP
Brainomix (www.brainomix.com) is a University of Oxford medical imaging start-up, developing state of the art software to improve the treatment of patients with neurological and cerebrovascular disorders. We are building world-class medical imaging software products which can be sold in multiple international markets, and to accomplish this, we believe in creating a first-class working environment for a first-class team.
The job holder is responsible for the office environment including all front of house responsibilities, minute taking, managing the company travel provider and making office purchases. The role will also support executive members of the senior team with expense claims, travel booking and adhoc projects. This role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer. The business is growing and the post holder should be able to grow with the position and be willing to take on new responsibilities as they arise. We are looking for committed individuals that are willing to work outside normal working hours.
Office Manager Responsibilities
- Welcoming guests & provide general support to visitors
- Answering main company phone line during working hours
- All office incoming and outgoing post
- Maintaining all filing systems
- Maintaining office supplies
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Manage company travel provider
- Coordinate with IT department on all office equipment
- Organising the annual company retreat
- Plan in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and conferences (in association with the Sales and Marketing Coordinator).
- Minute taking
- Manage and be responsible for Office Health & Safety and First Aid
- Manage company mobile phone contracts
- Supporting the Sales & Marketing Coordinator with Marketing materials, conference logistics and conference hospitality
- Providing holiday and sick cover for Sales and Marketing Coordinator answering questions in regards to conferences.
- Support adhoc projects and tasks
- Be responsible for parts of the company’s quality management system in particular maintaining the company travel procedure adhering to ISO 13485 standards.
Personal Assistant Responsibilities
- Booking travel and accommodation
- Processing expenses
- Manage diary and schedule meetings and appointments
- Organising executive hospitality
- Support adhoc projects and tasks
- Educated to A Level or higher
- At least 3-5 years administrative experience
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, including a good conversation manner and a high standard of spoken and written English
- Good IT skills, including good working knowledge of word processing, spread-sheets, PowerPoint and database software
- Accurate, fast typing and minute taking ability
- Excellent time-management, organisational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to work accurately and to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to work using own initiative, and as part of a team and with staff at all levels
- Ability to take new responsibilities as they arise and have a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to speak different languages (We have clients and staff across Europe, USA and Brazil and are now moving into China so the ability to speak any European languages and / or Mandarin would be an advantage).
- Previous healthcare experience
- Previous experience working in a small fast-growing business.
How to apply
If you wish to apply for this role please email your CV and a covering letter outlining your salary expectations and current notice period to Laura Kerley at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is Monday 21st January 2019.